Business of Life + Life of Business

I’m enjoying Nicholas Bate’s recently refreshed (I think) blog.  A couple of favourite posts: The Forgotten Fifty On Rituals Business with stillness and humanity.

Pressure and the Portfolio Life

“Stress doesn’t kill us – but it makes everything that does kill us much worse.”  Jonah Lehrer This month’s Wired magazine (US version) includes a fascinating article, “Under Pressure” by Jonah Lehrer which explores different aspects of stress.  The article is not on the online copy yet but is well worth a look when it […]

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics (again)

The news was full of this, yesterday: “only 11% of the police are visibly available to the public” at any time.  It’s a quote from the press release announcing the new “Valuing the Police” report published by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary.  The inference is clear: that the other 89% must be wasting their time […]

Blue Fins and Green Smoke

This rather cool and dynamic picture of James at his recent Development Meet… …was taken by a fellow parent, equally suffering in the unbearable heat but disproportionately talented in the photographic field.  Take a look at Saravanan’s photoblog.  I love this image which seems to me like an ethereal, female minotaur … or something but […]

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close